Friday, May 15, 2009

Ode to the Weekend

Friday morning. Coffee pot's broken. But I've got another 6 hours of enslaved working to get through before a weekend of climbing and skiing. I've always said that solace can be found through sweat and goal setting in the high alpine, however there is no time that I feel like I feel it more than on Friday morning before heading to work. I find myself craving to go on a bike ride, to call up a friend and see if he wants to go crag, but instead I'm headed to 711 to go get a cup of coffee as our coffee pot is broken.
Tomorrow morning at this time I'll hopefully be headed down a couloir on a 14er and I'll have been awake for about 6 hours and climbed 2500 vertical feet already. And hopefully, I'll be looking at something like this.

(photo from 14ers.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment