Sunday, June 14, 2009

Goals and Table Mountain Goodness

I'm so fortunate to live in a place where I can have a true Colorado spring time thunderstorm chase me off a mountain, 20 minutes drive from my apartment. Seriously though, it's that kinda adventure that just keeps me totally attached to this place. And the fact that every time I turn around it seems as though it just keeps on getting better! I got 4 leads in today and 7 pitches before the storm broke, which so far is my best outdoor day this season, I feel like I'm majorly getting my confidence back as far as lead climbing goes and the old popeye arms and climbing body feels like it's coming back as well.
Climbed today:
Offline (5.8)
Kevin Spies the Line (5.6-5.9 depending on how you start)
The usual warmup, which is probably going to be bumped as a warmup by Kevins above
The line to the left of above
BM Route 5.9ish Here's the photo from MountainProject.com


I'm going to see what I can do to keep this regimen of climbing 4-5 times a week up so it just continues going on the up and up. Even though I'm a huge believer in climbing being a process, experience and a learning technique I'd still like to hit the goal of climbing one of the flatirons before the summer is out. Probably one of the easiest ones, but still a multi pitch trad climb would be a great top out for climbing season. Once again as it was just Mel and myself climbing I have no pictures for this (your climber gets pissy when you take your hands off belay to start snapping photos), so here's one of Mel's first completed route (on Table Mountain) to keep you going.


Stereo-Talib Kweli

1 comment: