Sunday, June 28, 2009

'Round Denver

You know, it's interesting, I just looked back at my last few posts and each one of them starts with "After a brutal week at work..." or something to that extent. Pattern much? It also seems in retrospect that each one of those has just gotten worse and worse, so this time I'm going to forego any talk of work and hope that that alone doesn't tempt the Gods O' Fate.
And another home crag TR (hey, home is where the heart is!):
So not too much to report, had a pretty mellow weekend consisting of some bouldering at Morrison yesterday and a solid day at Table Mountain today. Other than the fact that I feel like I'm climbing really really strong, nothing too special happened which was pretty rock solid. I managed to up my climbing standards and push myself, yesterday I managed to send a V4 and today I led a 5.10a! Not that I'm gungho I need to be the best climber ever, it's just really really nice to see that all the effort I've been putting in is paying off and I do feel like I'm improving a whole bunch. I really hope that this next two week period of not getting too much climbing in won't hurt it too much. (I'm off to Vancouver for a wedding next weekend, and then back home to NC for another wedding and Dad's 65th b-day).
Mel and I managed to make it up to Table mountain early today, which was great because by 12 it was roasting. I'm pretty sure that Table may have seen the last of me except for evenings and mornings until some cooler winds start to blow and that the time has come to start heading into the Canyons, which is great considering I think I'll be up for it after the way I climbed today. So we managed to get in 4 leads and 10 pitches before the heat started to push heat stroke into a potential unfortunate reality on my girlfriend, which was plenty! I can already feel my shoulders and legs starting to ache a bit. The highlight of the day was definetly me leading a 5.10a, which might not have been my prettiest climb this season was definetly the hardest lead I've done this season. Here's a picture of the line as stolen from Mountain Project.

Great climb with a great crack problem, roof problem, and then the potential to TR a trad climb after hanging the rope! Anyways, I'm going into this week with my head full of thoughts towards the future and a hopeful mindset, but I still think I'm looking forward to my Monday AM bouldering session more than anything.
Stereo-The Bravery-Bad Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment